Feed on
Posts
Comments

iorek

I love Philip Pullman’s trilogy “His Dark Materials”, this illustration is inspired by Iorek the Armored Polar Bear. I thought it suited the topic rather well.

13 Responses to “Illustration Friday: Polar”

1. tara says:

great illo!

2. gingerpixels says:

Your illustration is captivating , suits the subject …..and has sent me back to the library to get the whole Philip Pullman series. I am starting the first book, The Golden Compass. Did you know that it will be a movie this winter?

3. i’ve just re-read the trilogy ginger, and i can’t wait for the movie! (i’ve watched the teaser trailer… looks sooo good!)
    the only thing that ruffles my feathers is the changing of the title. it’s the same thing with the first harry potter (the philosopher’s stone changed to sorcerer’s stone) the first book is called northern lights, and the thing is, the althiometer is not a compass! it’s… a teller of truths, a tool of divination! hummm… i am going to be one of those anal fans who goes on rants about this sort of thing i can see it now…
    *exits backwards out of the comments area*
    🙂

4. nancy bea says:

Hah! At first glance I thought it was like a “butcher’s diagram” of polar bear meat cuts…a bit odd. (Shows where my head is at, I guess.) Then I quickly realized it was a suit of armor…and then I read your words and was delighted: I love that trilogy!

5. Kim says:

Very simple and clean. Love your style!

6. DianaDunn says:

Nice illustration. Thanks for the support of my daughter. She is enjoying reading all the comments. Hope to keep her painting.
    Good luck with your card company.

7. nicely done. hope they dont need it inorder to survive.

8. Monica says:

I recognized Iorek right away! 🙂
    I too enjoyed Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials, and the first book is my favorite.
    Gret illo!

9. this is really cute! nice work, and i thought it was funny our thumbnails looked the same

10. wonderful illo! and all the best with your new card company!

11. ksklein says:

so simple and sooooo nice. wonderful!